Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend At The Cabin

Friday afternoon we left to take a little trip to my aunt's cabin. It used to be partially ours to, but my dad and one of his brothers sold it so my other uncle who needed some extra money could get his share from it. My aunt didn't want to leave the family as she had a lot of memories there, so she bought it. Also my aunt and her kids/grand kids live closer to the cabin so they make it up their more often.

So anyways we get up there on Friday night and just relax take it easy. Saturday morning we wake up and make some pancakes for breakfast. (they always taste 10x better at the cabin).

We got ready for the day, and my dad, 2 sisters, my brother and his wife, along with my oldest nephew who is 3 and 1/2 left for Butterfly Lake.



We got there and found a great spot. It even had an natural seat. There was a flat rock I found that behind it had another flat rock making for a great backrest.



I fished for awhile at the beginning, but we only had so many fishing poles/fishing licenses, so I let other people take turns. (I probably won't turn the picture, as I don't have the program I like to use on my computer right now)



So for some unknown reason my family has a curse of not being able to catch any fish. The people on both sides of us hadn't been fishing much longer than us, and had caught a few quite easily. Finally my brother was able to catch one. It wasn't that big, and we were going to just throw it back, but he had swallowed the hook to far and we couldn't get it out so we kept the fish.

Next thing we know my older sister caught one. Finally my Grandpa was watching a pole for my younger nephew and a fish had become hooked. My nephew was so excited to reel it in. All day he had been worried what would happen if he didn't catch a fish. His first fish, was turned out to be the biggest one of the day.







So my older sister caught one, and about 15 seconds later, my little sister finally caught one. My dad and brother caught another (I think my brother caught a small one that he let go as well) than my younger sister caught 2 more within a matter of minutes. My sister-in law caught one, leaving me to be the only one without catching one. I was frustrated, because I hadn't really fished all day so I didn't even get the chance. Plus I was sunburned like no other. I cast out a few times, almost had a fish than lost it. Cast out again, and sure enough a few minutes later I had one. We had 11 fish by this point and were getting ready to call it quits. (I look like a ranger in this picture because of my shirt color,belt, and my dad's hat)



While we were taking things up to the car, my brother ended up catching 1 more fish leaving our total for the day at 12. That is the most fish our family has caught maybe even since I was born.



We went back to the cabin, and played for awhile.













Ate some dinner, and played again.





Finally we started a fire and made some smores.










We went inside, played some games, and went to sleep. Woke up in the morning to the sound of rain. Cooked breakfast (eggs,bacon,and fish). My dad and brother went fishing in the river while we stayed with my nephews and watched Toy Story 2. Went outside and played some more. When my dad and brother got back we made some Linner (lunch and dinner).

We left around 5pm (because my sister and I have to work tomorrow) and headed back home. On the way home it was raining like crazy. It was a bit scary driving through a canyon in the rain where you can't even see ahead of you. We made it back home, and were glad we went.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a fun day. I'm not much of a fisherman. I did catch a bunch of channel cats out with friends once, but I was afraid to take them off the hook. LOL

I don't think I'd like fish for breakfast. For Linner... maybe. LOL

I think you've mentioned the cabin before.

I wish I could see the pics.