Well let's see so much has been going on. I think I'll post a few quick recaps, without a lot of details (I don't think it will happen).
Let's see. the week of July 21st I cooked all week at work (except the 24th). I was suppose to go and see Fleet Foxes on the 23rd at Kilby Court, but the show was canceled because Fleet Foxes got stuck in Colorado.
On the 24th we went over to Brandon and Claire's (my brother and his wife's) house. We had a BBQ and celebrated my youngest nephews 1st birthday. We brought some fireworks over and did those as well, but we ended up getting an even better show with all the illegal fireworks people were doing in their neighborhood.
On the July 28th I went to go and see The Hush Sound, with openers The Morning Light, Steel Train, and The Cab
I had bought tickets through The Hush Sound for a sound check because I love them that much. I got their around 3 (because that's when it said for you to get there) but ended up waiting until later to get in for the sound check.
So we go in to the soundcheck and they were already playing "not your concern" they were working on a way to go from that song into "break the sky" so after messing around a bit they play "not your concern", "break the sky" and than they goof around a bit and play a jazz song, and than they ask for request I shouted "hourglass" bob just looks at me and was like "really hourglass? I don't think I could play that today" than someone yelled out "lions roar" i don't know who it was I think it was someone from another band. They were getting ready to play it than they ended up playing "as you cry" it was still great though.
so we go back outside and i like an idiot forgot to get into the will call line right away but I ended up cutting by the people I gave my extra sound check ticket to. Doors finally open and I go inside and get second row center. that was good enough for me because i had a bunch of short girls in front of me so i could see just fine.
The morning light was alright. I enjoyed their music, but it's not my favorite or anything.
Steel Train was sweet! they put on a great live show, and I'm happy I finally got to see them! the last few times they've been here, I've always had to work.
The Cab. umm I'll be honest, they just aren't my thing. They weren't bad though (well actually they were).It was funny at one point though, because the singer pointed out that people on the right side were jumping, people on the left side were jumping,the front row was jumping, but nobody in the center part was jumping. we were all just standing there. He was like so I need everyone to jump even if you don't like us on this next song. most still stood there.
The Hush Sound was AMAZING the crowd was so into it. I think they were really shocked how well we responded. During "hurricane" people put there arms up in the air and started moving them back and forth. it was cool to because each row ended up going opposite way of the row in front of them. Everyone was clapping along and having a good time. at one point greta says "you know salt lake really has the wrong reputation. A lot of people think that you guys won't be fun because nobody really drinks or anything. but you guys have been great tonight. Dancing along and singing your hearts out. One of our best crowds on tour!"
I really do think they meant that because you could see the reaction in everyone's face even darrens face during wine red when they left us to sing the chorus alone and how much they all smiled while the crowd was singing.
than when they were getting ready to sing "back in the U.S.S.R." bob was like I want everyone to put there arms out and yell "you're the man (or something along the lines of that)" haha i think i was one of the first people to respond and he just chuckled.
Okay so I honestly don't remember the exact set list although it's pretty much the same songs as the others. so than darren came up announced it was there last song, than sang "you've really got a hold on me"
of course everyone screams for an encore like always so they all come back up on stage. greta was going towards the mandolin for "where we went wrong" than people in the crowd start chanting "echo, echo,echo,echo" and it just got louder and louder. i believe practically the entire crowd was yelling it out. Greta stops and was like "should we play echo? (to the band)" of course the crowd screams yes. Than while she was setting up she was like "you guys are culprits aren't you? you planned lets all scream echo at the same time, and maybe they'll play it"
than during it everyone in the crowd started swaying back and forth. than greta goes to have her guitar taken away and of course people start cheering thinking the song is over. so than before she starts the piano she goes "you guys can clap if you'd like" so people start clapping along and the rest of the band comes in on the song. the next thing i know some guys not to far from me started a circle pit. yep you hear it a circle pit during "echo" kind of made it interesting.
Here is a lovely little video.
They ended to "honey" people started screaming for another encore, but it didn't happen
I walked to the back though and the hush sound was already back there waiting for their fans. that was pretty sweet.
I talked to Darren first and gave him the clues. He than asked me if I ever traveled out of state to see them. I told him I hadn't yet, but I wish I could.
I went and bought my shirt and said a really really quick "hi" to adam and wayne.
I turned around and Bob was right there. I became nervous all the sudden and completely forgot what i was going to say to him. instead I told him it was a great show and that was literally it. After that I went and bought a actual cd of Steel Train's album, because the itunes version wasn't high enough quality. I was going to talk to bob again but when i went back to the other side where he was, he was gone.
i went to wait to talk to greta. I waited patiently while she talked to other fans who just walked up to her. a few minutes later my patience paid off and she turned right to me and asked how I was. It startled me cause I wasn't expecting it, but I guess she realized I had been waiting. I told her she did great tonight, and asked for a picture. My shirt that I was wearing has mickey mouse on the back 'hanging onto my shoulders' (in other words the top part of his hands are on the front of my shirt by my shoulders) greta says "are those flowers" I thought she was talking about my ear plugs I still had in, she's like "no the shirt!" I told her it had mickey mouse on the back and she goes and moves my hair out of the way to see than goes "haha that's so cool"
than she says "I'm glad you came again tonight!" I was like well of course I wouldn't miss a show here. Than she explained to me that she though I was at the show the other night and just followed the band on tour. she was like i swear there was a girl who looked like you too" I told her I wish I could follow them around " she was like aww that's so sweet.
than I was so upset, because I had written a note and burned a cd of a band I really like that I think greta would like too. I forgot to take them with me so instead I just asked if I could write down the name of a band for her to check out. I hope she does. i just wish I had the cd and the note with it to explain things a bit better. If anyone would let me send it to them to take to their show that would be great.
than i went and talked to chris and got a picture with him. he had a line of girls waiting for him. I had to leave so I could go home write this and go to bed since I work early.
I think that about sums up the end of July. I'll post again later with Boise warped tour, because this post would end up way to long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment