
Okay I guess I'll make a quick little post on this. I left on Thursday the 7th of August, and drove up to Melanie's house. It was after 12 by the time we finally started driving. Our goal was to make it to the hotel in time to do the world-wide photo moment. Melanie and I took pictures of each other, but I fail and still haven't uploaded mine. This is what she took of me though.
So we just sort of hung out at the hotel for awhile, made a few trips to Walmart. Than we waited for Brittany and Anne to get there. When they arrived they informed us they were going to go and pick up Kara at the airport after 11pm. After they got back we made a trip to Walmart (again, we made a lot of Walmart trips, oh yeah it was right across the street, so we just walked over) and we hung out in the lobby for awhile and went to bed around 3 or so.
Kara and I had to be there at 9am because she was doing Relient K's merch, and I was volunteering for Warped Eco Iniative again.
I go in, help finish setting up the tent, make the trip arounds the bands buses for recyleables, and than we had a bunch of free-time to wander around before doors. I grabbed a bag and stuffed it in my pocket when doors opened, and went to get a spot up front for Relient K. At their warped tour, their mainstages are just on one big stage split in half. So only one mainstage band could play at a time. ( I don't know if this is how it is everywhere, but it isn't like that in Salt Lake.) I kind of liked/hated it at the same time. I hated sitting through bands I didn't like, but it gave me a chance to see
Before Relient K played I watched The Bronx they were pretty good. I felt bad since they were the first band, they didn't have much of a crowd. Than I had to sit through Every Time I Die, and I'm sorry I didn't like them. Just not my style of music. They seemed to have had a good time though. After that was The Academy Is. I'd never seen them live before, and they were alright. I know they aren't my favorite band, I haven't listened to their newest album, but between Almost Here and Santi, Almost Here is better.
Finally it was time for Relient K. Oh did I mention, all the people I shared a hotel room with are really really really big Relient K fans. I still had fun singing along, and Melanie and Brittany got some great pictures. I'll post a few that they took. Well they'll mostly be Melanie's. Here is Brittany's amazing crowd surfing picture!


Okay actually I don't feel like posting them, but just go here to look at all of Melanie's photos if you want to see them. Here is a crowd shot of Anne,Me and Brittany though. Kara was on stage.

So after Relient K the first shedule I had looked at said Automatic Loveletter would be playing, and than Dr. Manhattan on the same stage. I decided to head on over. Sadly I guess they switched time slots because when I went Dr. Manhattan was on their last song.
So orignally I was going to skip out on Say Anything for Dr. Manhattan but since I missed their set I decided to run over and go watch Say Anything. I ended up second row, and it was a great show.
I decided to go and collect some bottles/cans and than when I almost had my bag full I remembered Single File was playing, so I hurried over to the stage and they were on their first song. There were about 10 people there watching them. Nobody was really singing along. They were playing acoustic ( I later found out their drummer had to go to a wedding). It was a great set, I'm glad I was able to watch it. I later ended up buying their ep/shirt/button/sticker deal. The actual cd of the ep had 4 songs, where my digital copy has 8. Oh well it was a good deal for all of them.
I went to sit at the tent for awhile, and since the location of our tent gives us the perfect main stage view, I was able to watch Cobra Starships set. Really aren't my fave, but they are just one of those fun bands.
After a an hour and a half of picking up a couple more bags of bottles/cans it was time for Charlotte Sometimes set. Again she did a really great job, and I really enjoy her live performance. Melanie was there as well.
Up next was Between The Trees. I'd seen them acoustic and full band at the Salt Lake City warped, but they had just parted ways with one of their band members, and their fill in wouldn't be in on tour until the next day so they played and acoustic set as well. It was great! They hadn't played in Idaho before so they didn't have much of a fanbase. I'm sure they were happy to have a few people singing along with them. After they finished playing I watched the last 10 minutes of Motion City Soundtracks set.
Next I went to see Ludo. Melanie had left to go and see The Color Fred. While waiting for Ludo's set to start, I watched The Color Fred from where I was. Ludo put on a great show! Halfway through the set they had us sing Jingle Bells to help make it cooler (too bad it didn't work). Here's a video of it, but you have to watch it for a bit to get to the Jingle Bells part.
So Katy Perry was up next to play on the stage Ludo had finished playing on, and the crowd was starting to get bigger, so I left and went to We The Kings set. I started out 15 rows back or so off to the side, but after a couple songs I managed to make my way up closer, about 3rd row center. I almost got a drumstick but a girl (who had already gotten 2 picks from WTK's) started yanking on my arm (along with a lot of other girls) I gave up because I figured it's not like I really love the band or anything like that. It was a fun set. I don't know if I'll see them again, unless they are playing with a band I love.
After that, I went and watched the end of Reel Big Fish's set. Than Angels and Airwaves, and than Gym Class Heroes. Than warped tour was over, and I was staying after to help pick up bottles. You should have seen the pile we collected. It was huge. I should have taken a picture of it.
I can't wait until next year. Volunteering for Warped Eco Initiative is fun, you can still watch bands play, and help the environment.
2 comments:
This was so very much fun. :) I loved our blog about it.
Ooops. I loved "your" blog about it. That didn't come out right. LOL
Post a Comment