Saturday, November 17, 2007

I don't know if anyone knows this, but I'm going to Russia next year in May. I might even get to spend a day in Helsinski. I'm making my first payment this weekend so our flights can be booked, on Tuesday I'm going to go and get stuff for my passport taken care of. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. The best part is I'm going with my sister. I used to feel so worthless (well sometimes I still do) because I'm not going to school right now and honestly I don't want to go next semester either. Maybe school just isn't my thing, or maybe I just don't have an interest in something to encourage me to go. I'll be honest when I was enrolled in classes I didn't always attend and wasted a lot of money. It'll be better when I figure out what I want to do with my life.

I'd love to learn how to play the drums. My friends Dad has a drum kit, and even if I could just pick up on some of the basics on his set that would let me know that it wouldn't be a waste of money, unless their is some other alternative solution that wouldn't be a waste of money.

Guitar would be great to, but drums have always been my favorite. Besides I can't sing in key (even if it's an alto's key) so it'd be pretty pointless to strum along on a guitar. At least with drums I don't have to sing (unless I wanted to).

Melee is coming back next year, and headlining a show at Kilby Court! I'm so excited for this show. I'm going to have to request work off because for some odd reason the show begins at 5:30. I'm curious to see if that is how most of the shows in the future will be. I honestly don't think it's that good of an idea. Most people are just getting out of work, or most kids parents are getting out of work so if they need a ride they'd most likely be late. They've put on some great shows, but if they make this big change their shows may not be so great I wouldn't even bother going seeing as I don't get off work until 6:30.

No comments: